|Perspectives on the Cloud
|"The Cloud" - everyone is talking about it, and as more and more vendors pile on using the term, it seems to have . . .
Full Article Below -
Perspectives on the Cloud
"The Cloud" - everyone is talking about it, and as more and more vendors pile on using the term, it seems to have become a double entendre; definitions are as hazy and varied as ever. We have been discussing this phenomena since our inception almost a decade ago, and recently have tried to shed some light and clarity through this collection of articles in the brief.
To learn more about how ChainLink Research can help you with your cloud strategy, please contact us via email or call us.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Epicor Insights 2016 --
At the annual user conference of Epicor Software, aptly called Insights, we saw their strategy for bringing along their customers as they continue to modernize their rich portfolio of mid-market enterprise solutions.
- Infor Alchemizing Legacy Solutions -- Infor provides a great example of ongoing reinvention of a software firm: taking a collection of decades old applications, leveraging the deep and rich functionality developed and lessons learned over generations of actual on-the-ground use, and migrating all that IP and knowledge into modern cloud/network-based architectures that can compete well against 'shiny new' best-of-breed applications.
- How a New Generation Is Changing Enterprise Systems -- The latest technology and updated UX/UI are needed to attract a new generation of supply chain professionals. But they are also benefitting everyday users.
- Digital Transaction Management for Procurement -- Digital Transaction Management (DTM) has profound implications for procurement. Here are some key lessons learned during sessions on this at Dreamforce 2015 and DocuSign's Procurement Advisory Council.
- Closing the Gap in Adoption -- Users buy a lot of Transportation Management technology, but do they use it?
The World of Transportation Management --
Understanding International vs. Domestic TMS.
GT Nexus Bridges 2015 --
Insights and updates from the GT Nexus user conference.
- RFID Software Solutions are Evolving Rapidly -- Under the influence of development in the Internet of Things, cloud computing and data analytics, the way RFID value is delivered is evolving rapidly.
Networked Platforms--Solutions for Multi-Party Inter-Enterprise Processes --
A fundamentally different architecture and a network of pre-connected partners are needed to suitably address processes that are inherently multi-party and inter-enterprise.
Highlights from SuiteWorld --
From new Omni-Channel capabilities, to integrated Service Resource Planning, great customer stories, and more, there were a lot of sweets at SuiteWorld.
Supply Chain Solutions: (Parts 1-2)
Extending Manufacturing Visibility through the Cloud --
Visibility to outsourced operations remains a challenge for most manufacturers...
The Single-Platform Option in Transportation Systems --
TMS solutions can be created through assembling modules or a single platform. What is a TMS single platform?
Really Smart Clouds at MIT --
How three intelligent cloud platforms extract value from sensors and RFID.
MercuryGate -- Not Just Mojo, but Groove! --
Observations from the MercuryGate User Conference.
Home Delivery for Retailers -- More Sales, Less Cost --
Home delivery services and same-day are driving retailers to rethink their processes.
Cloud Strategies Coming from the Supply Chain Market --
Now that the end-user market seems to be accepting the cloud option, the major players are stepping up their game.
Plex - Founding Fathers of the Cloud Revolution --
Revolutionaries have to pioneer and guide the way forward.
Plex Flexes Manufacturing Muscle --
Updates from PowerPlex 2013.
IQity Adds Manufacturing Prowess to NetSuite --
Manufacturers with complex MES requirements have a pure-SaaS option in IQity combined with NetSuite.
Exploring QAD --
QAD Explore 2013 Customer Conference.
Collaborative Demand Planning Technology --
Everybody wants to collaborate. But is this actually done – technically?
- Manufacturing in the Cloud
What true cloud-based manufacturing systems are out there, what can they do, and what types of manufacturers are they good for?
- Build It! Beyond the Application
How solution providers create platform-centric universes.
- Big Trends for Business 2013
Forecast and Priorities for 2013. Slowing globalization, but increasing IT spend in most sectors. Preview of business priorities for 2013, sector-specific technology trends, and more.
- Report: Technology Adoption - Rethinking the Model
ChainLink's Technology Adoption Model offers fresh perspectives on how technology matures and why some solutions are adopted, while others languish. Existing models generally focus on the point of view of the technology provider, rather than the customer/adopter's perspective. They also have not been updated to explain the growth of community-oriented supply chain solutions. Based on extensive research and commentary from end-users, we have developed a technology adoption model that encompasses end user viewpoints and supply chain/network-community solutions.
- The Face of Things to Come - Beyond the UI
More than a pretty face: ICE, ION, and Engage.
- Technology Integration Can Transform the Hospital and Patient Care Experience
Better care, patient safety at lower cost. Sounds like a goal we have been hearing for decades. Yet so far the US healthcare industry has been going in the opposite direction. Greater cost, more paperwork, and confusing models for compliance and care for the future. And yet...
- Omni-Channel Inventory: Getting the Big Picture
Retailers want to provide a great omni-channel experience. This requires a foundation of precise, real-time inventory visibility all the way from the supplier to the end consumer and everywhere in between.
- Plex Systems
Cloud-based ERP for Manufacturing.
- UNIT4's Multiple Platform Offerings
Multi-tenant, hosting, on premise, plus the ability to share work processes among tenants make UNIT4 a unique player in the ERP market.
- BizSlate Targets Apparel and Retail Markets
Young ERP may have the edge . . .
SuiteWorld 2012 Series: (Parts 1-3)
JDA Focus 2012: Cloud Strategy, 3D, and Condoleezza
'Cloud' dominates JDA's latest strategy announced at Focus 2012. But it is more about selling their expertise than a different software delivery model. Here we discuss what their cloud strategy actually means, as well as JDA's way cool 3D store planning product, their earnings restatement, and tidbits from the keynote address by Condoleezza Rice.
EDI and MFT Solution Providers Positioned
Solution providers are all over the map.
The data may be big, but is the information important?
SaaS Pricing - Insanity or Good Deal for Users?
-- This two-part series discusses the current pricing models for SaaS vs. On Premise.
WMS Cloud Solutions Take More than a Cloud
-- The real world of successfully operating Warehouse solutions in the cloud has many technical and business components.
Supply Chain Platform Series: (Parts 1-3)
Food for Thought - Challenges in the Produce Supply Chain
-- So you think you have supply chain challenges? How about daily price volatility and losses in transportation of up to 20%? Discussions with FoodLink Online, InfinityQS, AFS and Intelleflex.
Collaboration: (Parts 1-2)
- Happy New Year - Converged, Collaborative, Telepresent Communities in the Second Decade:
What's happening in 2011?
- Convergence - Unified Applications and Devices for the Second Decade.
- It's Seventeen Shopping Days to Christmas! -- * * * On the First Mobile Christmas, My True Love Gave to Me . . .* * *
- PDF article: Does Cloud Equal On Demand? -- Cloud, SaaS, On Premise, On Demand, Managed Service, a mélange of technical terms is flooding the market. This article explains the differences.
Cloud Economics Series: (Parts 1-3)
- as-a-Service Framework -- Here we discuss the broader framework for the "as-a-Service" offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and where Microsoft fits. Insights from a talk at MIT by Barry Briggs, the CTO for Microsoft IT, about Cloud Computing in general and Microsoft's foray into Cloud with its Azure service offering.